Aravis's Favorite Books

When I was younger, I used to like books and read them all the time. High school makes it harder to have time to read for fun and I don't find it as interesting as I used to. However, there are quite a few that I really enjoy and consider my favorites.


  • Pride and Prejudice - This is one of the best books ever. My mom told me that a lot of people don't like Jane Austen but I think her books are really good. This is my favorite book by her.
  • Anne of Green Gables series
  • Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
  • Cyrano De Bergerac by Edward Rostand
  • City of Ember by Jeanne DePrau
  • People of Sparks by Jeanne DePrau
  • The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orzy
  • The Percy Jackson and the Olympians series - This series is about Greek myths and is definitely high on my list of favorites. The newest series, Heroes of Olympus, is possibly better than the Percy Jackson series.
  • The Chronicles of Narnia - This is an epic series. It is from the third book in the series that I got my name, Aravis. C.S. Lewis does a great job describing and putting an exact picture in your head of what is going on.
  • The Harry Potter series - This series is awesome. It's got action, drama, fantasy, mystery, and an awesome plot. J.K. Rowling has got an amazing imagination.
  • Spiderwick Chronicles by Tony DiTerlizzi and Holly Black
  • Inkheart Trilogy by Cornelia Funke
  • 39 Clues series
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society series by Trenton Lee Stewart
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare
  • An Old Fashioned Girl by Louisa May Alcott